Tickets for our conference are now on sale through our site at http://conference.techexeter.uk. This year we’re running three conference tracks (ranging from the not-so-technical through to the hardcore developer track), hot food catering, plus breakout sessions and entertainment.
Ticket prices start at £40. Grab yourself a bargain!
Wow, what a weekend!
Huge thanks to all of those who came and congratulations to the winners, who were:
- Best Mission Control: @squirrelsquadco for their response to the “Trace Invaders” challenge
- Best use of hardware: Twisted Fire Stoppers
- Highly Commended:@flashhookedpla1 for their innovative combination of computing and crochet!
And of course, thanks to all our sponsors, including the Met Office, RS Components, Amazon Cloud Services and Microsoft.
More photos from the day can be found at https://www.flickr.com/photos/spaceappsexeter/
Plus: A special edition of Tech Monthly, Helen, Rob and Ian spend a weekend at the Met Office for the International Space Apps Challenge:
After our amazing inaugural conference last year, we return for a bigger event with the following theme:
TechExeter presents “FRESH TECH”
New technologies, Fresh approaches.
Friday 8th September 2017, University of Exeter. UK.
The call for speakers is now open [form here]. We are after a wide range of topics and depths:
- High level overviews of fresh “new” technologies (speech interfaces & AI, drones, IOT, VR/AR, medical advances, etc)
- Technical talks on the latest developer trends
- Your personal experience working with a particular technology
- Workshops/hands-on sessions for getting to grips with interesting tech
To give you an idea, previous meetup/conference topics and presenters include:
- Practical agile. Lessons learned the hard way – Land Registry
- Fixing the Web with the Interplanetary File System – John Kane
- Digital Healthcare – Technical Health
- Monitoring in a scalable world – Met Office
- Data Science in the cloud with Microsoft Azure – Microsoft
- Going cross-platform with ASP. NET Core – Just Eat
- Story mapping and sketching – Sift Digital
- Simplify, Isolate and Scale with RabbitMQ – Upad Ltd
- The what, why and how of Unit Testing with SQL Server – University of Exeter
- Enjoy the Vue.js – Ideaflip
- Why I Make – Ben Everard
Why talk at TechExeter?
It’s our mission at TechExeter CIC to help bring people together – we have a wonderful friendly and diverse set of members from companies large and small, and by speaking at the conference you’ll be stimulating ideas and helping bring our little community to a global audience. Plus it’ll be super fun! – check out our social media from last year. Whether it’s your first time public speaking or your hundredth, we’ll be on hand to help you get the most out of the event.
Good luck, and remember – you can submit more than one talk!
Kris & Rob
Follow this link to fill out the » » Google Docs Form « « in a new tab.
Entries close Sunday May 14th May 21st 2017.
Join us for our regularly scheduled meetup evening of lightning talks and socialising.
- Ben Everard from The Idea Bureau with “Why I Make”
- Dan Goodwin with “A super quick journey through the interactive prototyping landscape”
Slides after the break:
Continue reading Meetup on 6th April @ The Phoenix