We have an AMAZING meetup planned : 3x lightning talks from some awesome speakers (seriously, i’m so excited!), networking and chat, plus great food and drink available to buy from our fantastic hosts.
* Craig Buckler (SitePoint Author) – Passwordless authentication
* Jacob Tomlinson (Met Office Informatics Lab) – Kubernetes (linux container tool by Google)
* Paul Rose (@_paulrose) – Start your next project the right way
This month we are proud to present:
* Greg Hepworth @iamhepto “60% of the time the customer is right all of the time”
* Graeme Mathieson @mathie on Configuration Management with puppet/chef
* Mike Ellis on Trying not to grow: 10 things I’m learning running a niche digital agency
* Fabian King @FabianKing will be talking about 3d Scanning and Web3d
* Mark Graves will be talking about R&D Tax Credits and how web/tech companies can take advantage
* Niall Robinson @niallhrobinson from the Met Office on “Why my head is always in the clouds”
* Your announcements – a new slot for quick announcements and news!
* Oculus Rift VR sessions – after the talks have ended you can experience the latest in virtual reality technology!
So we’re going to try something new at this meetup – a formal ‘announcements’ slot where we will spread the news about things that are going on! Do you have something you’d like to announce to the group? Perhaps you’d like some people to beta test a product, or to let people know about a local user group?
Join us for 3 superb lightning talks and of course a great chance to network and chat with the local web/tech community.
* Sarah Hughes will be talking on How LinkedIn can be your prospecting gold mine
* Jacob Tomlinson [blog] from the Met Office will be giving us some behind the scenes insight into running the NASA SpaceApps hackathon
* Joss Langford from Activeinsights talking about Big Data & Wearables
We look forward to seeing you all!
Kris & Rob.