Website Real Ideas Organisation
Have you managed the delivery of digital products before? Can you set, prioritise and drive agile requirements based on business and customer needs? Are you an experienced digital product manager with a passion for innovation, social enterprise and alternative economic models? If so, then you could be just what we’re looking for.
Real Ideas exists to solve problems and create opportunity; we do this through supporting people to start up and grow enterprises, by supporting young people to find their way into the world of work, and through creating exciting and transformative experiences and spaces for people to come together and connect.
Our newly launched membership offer is the route into our support and experiences for the majority of people we work with. We have developed an MVP online membership platform and are now looking for a digital product manager to help us to take the platform to the next level and beyond to realise its full potential.
This role will manage the development of this platform, balancing commercial, customer and technical needs. It requires you to understand, crystallise and prioritise key requirements and communicate your product vision clearly to both senior management and the implementing software development team. Over time you will be responsible for the product strategy of Real Ideas and provide digital thought-leadership to the company.
You will have the curiosity to understand our customers and members’ needs and ensure they are reflected in the product roadmap. You’ll then deliver against that roadmap, taking full responsibility for the creation and execution of digital features.
· Develop and communicate product roadmaps that are aligned with the company strategy
· Work with colleagues and members to improve the online portal user experience and develop the best possible processes, functionality and features
· Own the relationship between developers and stakeholders, regularly meeting with key stakeholders to define priorities and update on progress.
· Capture, understand, scope and document (sometimes complex) functional requirements
· Translate product strategy into requirements for an outsourced development team
· Scope and prioritize releases based on business and customer needs
· Resolve queries regarding our online platform/ membership portal e.g. about functionality, process, features, UX, access etc
· Take ownership of projects, problems and decisions relating to the digital platform
· Provide e-commerce and digital thought leadership to the business, owning the website and digital platform performance and measurement as well as influencing our tech stack, platform and system architecture
Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· 2+ years commercial experience in product management or as an associate product manager
· Proven ability to develop and manage short and long term product roadmaps
· Solid and demonstrable experience defining and scoping digital functionality, user experience, and process flows
· Experience in working with external delivery teams
· Very strong understanding of software delivery methodology and cycle
· A deep understanding of digital and technology trends
· Ability to work with technical detail but also to translate technical concepts to non-technical people
· Ability to prioritise and make trade off decisions independently and in conjunction with key stakeholders
· Ability to brief and manage external agencies (creative and technical)
· Ability to think strategically and implement short-term and longer-term departmental objectives
The full role profile and person specification can be viewed on our website: https://realideas.org/about-us/work-with-us/
Applications must be made via the application form on our website.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 15th November 2020
Interview date: week commencing 16th November 2020
To apply for this job please visit realideas.org.