A digital marketing and PR agency for travel brands
Lemongrass Marketing is a digital marketing and PR agency for travel brands in the world’s most beautiful destinations.
We help our clients become commercially successful by marrying up data-driven audience insights with creativity, to deliver maximum impact for clients. Many of our clients are at the beginning of their digital transformation journey, so we help guide them through this process – enabling them to become more customer-centric by breaking down siloes between PR, SEO, PPC, Paid and Organic Search.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Digital PR consultant to really make their mark and become a trusted advisor to our clients – who are a lovely bunch of people!
We have a strong, values-driven culture and are en route to becoming the UK’s first travel communications B-Corp, a community of companies that use the power of business as a force for good. Its aim is to create a sustainable, inclusive economy by reducing poverty and inequality, creating high-quality jobs and a healthier environment.
What You’ll Do:
The role of Digital PR Account Director has arisen as we are transforming the agency into a fully integrated, digital-first consultancy. At a time when consumers bypass or block anything that’s irrelevant, earning attention online has never been more important. We use data to understand what people actually need and want at every stage of the customer journey.
We’re looking for an Account Director who can ably lead our clients and our communications team during this journey of transformation, devising solutions that help our clients deliver across the entire customer journey.
- Manage and mentor a team of 6+ travel communications consultants, ensuring the best and brightest talent is engaged and inspired to deliver exceptional work on time and on budget
- Proactively prospect for digital opportunities, lead digital-first PR pitches and assume a substantial role on core client teams.
- Ensure flawless execution of fully integrated Digital PR campaigns
- Provide intelligent and well thought through counsel to clients on all aspects of their communications campaigns, managing expectations and satisfaction levels
- Responsible for client servicing, planning and building long-term relationships with senior clients and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate proactivity to clients by spotting new opportunities and making recommendations on additional work or projects and selling these into clients.
- Ensure clients receive value for money, and that their business, as well as PR objectives, are kept front of mind throughout all campaign work
- Ensure the efficient and profitable operation of your Account portfolio.
- Responsible for capacity planning in order to achieve agreed fee and handling charge targets, maintain high levels of client satisfaction and develop the full potential of accounts.
- To support the Directors on new business efforts: demonstrate initiative by generating own business development programmes that will feed into the growth of the business.
- Support the Company Culture wholeheartedly, role model our values, encouraging a positive and ambitious working environment.
- People Management responsibility for Account Managers
What You Have:
- Expert-level knowledge of digital PR strategy, generating audience insights and expert outreach tactics.
- Proven knack for developing innovative digital PR campaigns
- Ideally familiarity with both traditional and digital PR tools: Roxhill, Travmedia, Buzzsumo, SparkToro, social listening tools, Sysomos, SemRush, GWI.
- Insatiable curiosity about emerging digital marketing channels, platforms, and best practices and ability to share knowledge with others
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics, Search Console, Data Studio
- Client Handling – Ability to lead and manage client relationships effectively, in person, on the phone, and via email.
- Mentoring – Demonstrate ability to mentor and coach team members in their own career development.
- Experience of initiating, maximising and sustaining integrated communications & Marketing plans with rigour and detail
- New business – Demonstrate ability to lead pitches from initial brief to submission & presentation
- Manage self and others – Excellent time management, ability to coordinate input of both junior and senior colleagues, willingness to ‘muck in’ when needed and participate in a wide range of tasks; able to delegate where necessary, ability to meet deadlines and ensure others meet deadlines, manage third parties.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in the travel industry
- Languages – our clients are based around the world and speaking another language and understanding how other cultures communicate is of huge advantage
Our values, which you will need to share in order to thrive at Lemongrass Marketing
- We adopt a can-do attitude – so we can help our clients to solve problems
- We are hungry to learn – so that our clients can rely on us to be the best we can be
- We are results-driven – so our clients, our colleagues and the business can rely on us
- Everything we do is for the greater good – so we can make a positive impact for our clients, for Lemongrass, and for wider society
- We are friendly, fair and firm
Please Note: These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.