About the Role
How should our application architecture change and what supporting infrastructure do I need as we migrate to the Cloud?
How do we maintain conceptual integrity of our product design as it rapidly evolves?
How can we quickly deliver the robust legacy system interfaces needed by our Agile development teams?
What do I need to do to integrate data science models into our production business processes and unlock the value of our data?
As part of a curious environment, these are the types of questions that you’ll be asked by our clients, your colleagues and yourself here at BJSS. As one of our Architects, you will use your broad technical knowledge, full lifecycle project experience and excellent communication skills to bridge the gap between client and internal delivery managers, enterprise architects, operations teams, UX consultants and developers. No two days are the same for our teams, so you’ll be comfortable evaluating a new Open Source technology in a rapid technical spike, presenting to a CIO on a package selection, and working with a technical tester and a support desk engineer to debug a time-critical P1 issue, all in the space of one week.
As a technical authority, you:
- lead by example and inspire delivery teams to create great software products that demonstrate the art of the possible.
- mentor developers to ensure they see the wider picture and meet our exacting standards, while acknowledging the deep experience they bring from spending hours a day working on a codebase.
- have positive energy and a pragmatic, delivery-focused attitude that wins the respect of those around you and makes you a trusted technical advisor.
- are willing to be hands-on when you need to be.
- balance innovation and intellectual rigour with realism.
- love technology and want to keep on learning.
- are genuinely interested in understanding the challenges your users face and how you can help them.
BJSS has developed some of the most demanding systems around using the latest technologies and techniques, including the messaging hub that integrates the whole of the NHS. We’ve also pioneered an application that uses a leading-edge AWS technology stack to underpin a great UX visualising the flightpaths of every plane in the world – as well as analysing huge quantities of data to improve fuel efficiency, reducing costs and environmental impact. And this is just the beginning. Our architects have always been at the centre of our engagements, managing technical risk, driving innovation, and creating real business value.
We believe that diversity is at the heart of the creativity and innovation we deliver for our clients. We value the varied experiences, expertise, backgrounds, and perspectives our people bring to our projects. We work hard to foster a culture where those differences can thrive and where every one of us can fulfil our potential.
What do we do?
Our business is built around talented teams of people who are passionate about technology – people just like you. So, regardless of your level of experience – whether you’re taking your first career steps, or if you’ve delivered to clients for many years – and you thrive on finding ways to improve outcomes, then BJSS can help take your career to the next level.
Why work for us?
Our emphasis on quality differentiates us. We deliver, and we have fun doing it.
As well as very competitive salaries and a flexible benefits package, we have inclusive BJSS sports, leisure, and social groups that are keen to welcome you. These include our weekly Boot-Camp sessions, regular Lunch & Learns, Tech Meetups etc. If lunchtime activities aren’t for you, then you are welcome to spend that time enjoying the free food and drinks on offer. We encourage our employees to attend BJSS functions such as our quarterly town halls, Christmas parties, and our annual summer weekend away which includes games, food and childcare should you need it.
What are our values?
Our core values reflect the things that matter most to us. Established when BJSS was founded in 1993, our values remain unchanged, and they continue to define our culture.
We always aim to deliver outstanding quality work, regardless of role.
DELIVERING GREAT OUTCOMES
We share a passion to excel and an absolute focus on delivery.
We differentiate BJSS by always looking for ‘a better way’ and taking new approaches to engagements.
Our interactions with colleagues and clients are collaborative and respectful.
We build lasting client relationships by establishing real working partnerships and keeping our promises.
Some of the Perks
- A collaborative and inspiring environment working alongside some of the best tech people in the industry
- Hybrid working – you can vary your working location to allow you to collaborate better, feed your creativity, and take the time and space to focus when you need it
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles
- Flexible benefits allowance – you can spend on additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more…
- We partner with Lifeworks to offer wellbeing support to our employees
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from different backgrounds into tech
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.