Website Dell Boomi
The Boomi Unified Platform: Connect everyone to everything
TechOps/DevOps Engineer, Dell Boomi
Exeter, UK or UK Remote
Join us as a TechOps/DevOps Engineer on our Dell Boomi team to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact. The preferred base location is in Exeter, South West UK, also a remote location in UK South can also be a possibility.
Dell Boomi, a business unit of Dell Technologies is expanding through rapid growth and has multiple exciting opportunities to join the software engineering team responsible for the development of the Flow platform, part of the Atomsphere PAAS software development platform. https://boomi.com/
What you’ll achieve
Join us as a highly motivated and experienced technical operations person to join our team, you will build, manage and support all components of our exciting enterprise scale platform. Using your deep understanding and experience of AWS you will be responsible for improving and maintaining the performance of our platform. You will seek out opportunities to automate and scale our architecture management and provisioning.
What you will be doing:
- Build, manage and support all components of our exciting enterprise scale platform
- Manage, coordinate and communicate critical changes between several departments (e.g. Engineering, DevOps, Product)
- Support on defining Service Level Indicators (SLIs) and Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and helping make them measurable (e.g. via Tools, Metrics, Scripts)
- Measure everything: standardize logging, admin our logging tools, assis dev to create meaningful metrics
- Facilitate continuous deployments by reducing the cost of failure (Automated, deployment calendar(s), changelogs, metrics and metric annotations, integrate testing from QA in CI/CD pipeline; Support and drive automation of manual tasks
- Being responsible for the installation and maintenance of our Linux based servers
- Update and maintain documentation for all configurations for the production environment
- Develop and deliver timely reports on all agreed upon infrastructure metrics including but not limited to availability, capacity, performance, and latency across all production systems deployed on-premise or on public cloud
- Design and implement performance improvements
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- At least 3 years of experience in SRE, Technical Operations, Dev Operations Specialist or similar
- Automation using Ansible / Terraform
- Expert knowledge of AWS
- Linux system admin experience (CLI, mysql, bash, cron,…)
- Experience with operating cloud technology (AWS, kubernetes, docker) and with operating logging & monitoring tools
- Security, auditing & logging focused programming attitude and able to document your projects and setup supporting processes
Nice to haves:
- Incident management experience or education (ITIL or similar)
- Interest and understanding of data science and analysis methodology and strong interest in computer science topics, like development, infrastructure, sysadmin
- ISO27001 ISMS experience or other security framework knowledge is a plus
What we offer:
- Exciting career and development opportunities in a dynamic technology company
- Fresh fruits, coffee and snacks
- Close cooperation with a highly motivated and international team in which your work is appreciated and you can make a lasting difference
- Short decision-making processes and flat hierarchies
- A great team with strong history of team events
- Great workplace or flexible working options for remote workers
- Permanent employment contract
- Further training opportunities and personal development
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: March 31st, 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
To apply for this job please visit dell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.